the release of many prominent digital features from Academy
Award winners to up and coming Independents, there has recently
been tremendous interest generated in the area of digital
cinema production. Unfortunately, there has also been a lot
of misinformation generated.
find the straight answers and sift through the hype, we went
straight to the front lines of those involved in digital production.
Filmmakers will tell you first hand about thier expierences
in the trenches, from planning to production, to post and
also interviewed industry experts and representatives from
various production and post production services, so that if
you find yourself venturing into this world, you'll know where
to go to get your questions answered.
covering the following topics:
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Archival aspects
- Raw Stock
- Crew differences
- Processing through final answer print.
- Various Formats - DV, Betacam, 480P, HiDef, (Sony, Panasonic,
- Lenses and support gear
- Behind the scenes
- How does it differ from a film shoot?
- The effect of the HiDef monitor on the collaborative process.
- Quality of VTR sound recording versus DAT
- DAT back up
- Timecode issues and solutions
- Dailies and digitizing. Options, issues, and solutions
- Desktop editing. Final Cut Pro, Avid, Premiere, Media 100
- Re-digitizing to conform a Hi Res output
- On-line - Bringing it all together either as a tape cut
- What advances are projected in the near future.
- Digital Projection and distribution.
Partial List of
Allen Daviau, ASC
Dale Launer -Writer/Director
Sean Cunningham -Producer/Director
James Mathers -Cinematographer
Brian McKernan -Editor, Digital Cinema
Scott Billups -Visual Effects
Jim DeFilipis -Director, Fox Digital Labs
Bill Meurer -President, Birns & Sawyer
David Panfili -CEO, Location Sound Corp.
John Galt -Panavision Digital
Ryan Sheridan -Digital Cinematography
Ramy Katrib -CEO, DigitalFilm Tree